In this episode (54:46)
Sarah and Esteban talk with Susan Garrett about helping your dog drop less bars.
You Will Learn
- Susan Garrett’s protocol for knocked bars, and which dogs it’s appropriate for.
- Common training mistakes people make when addressing bar knocking.
- If you should be quiet when your dog is jumping.
- How to help your dog avoid brushing wings/uprights.
- How Response Cost influences a dog’s bar knocking.
- The importance of jump training, handling, and strength and conditioning for success.
- How Susan trains jumping with her young dog.
- The next big challenge in dog agility.
- The significance of a rhetorical question.
- Facebook Group — Handling 360: Free Agility Workshop
- Susan’s Facebook Live “Re-Do” of the AWC Large Dog Course
- Sarah’s favorite Susan Garrett run from the 2016 Agility World Championship.
- Previous Podcast Interview with Susan Garrett — Episode 43: Susan Garrett Interview on Positive Training and Handling Systems
- Previous Podcast on Record Keeping — Episode 146: Record Keeping Trick for Dog Agility
- Episode 100: Interview with Crufts Judge Lee Gibson – Part 1
- Episode 136: Interview with WAO Judge Anthony Clarke
Thank You for Listening!
Thanks so much for joining us this week. Have some thoughts you’d like to share? Leave a comment on Facebook!
To get Bad Dog Agility podcasts sent directly to your device as they become available, you can subscribe on iTunes or Stitcher. Or even better, download the FREE Bad Dog Agility Podcast Mobile App, now available for both iOS and Android.
Happy training and thank you for helping us reach over 935,000 podcast downloads!
You have developed an unshakeable bond with your athlete and invested countless hours training. Now, you should seek the best solution to unlock their full potential with a unique competitive edge solution… 1-TDC®! 1-TetraDecanol Complex is a patented blend of unique fatty acid oils designed to safely and effectively keep joints and muscles at their best to maximize performance and shorten recovery time. 1-TDC is the next generation of fatty acids, beyond glucosamine and fish oil, used by many current and past national agility champions and world team members. Bad Dog Agility listeners will automatically qualify for a great 1-TDC special offer by purchasing online at BDA1TDC.com.
Dog agility is a demanding sport and can be difficult on the body, both the dog’s and the human’s! Back on Track specializes in dog blankets, beds and wraps that keep muscles warm and reduce the pain in joints. If you’ve got a nagging knee, calf, or ankle injury, Back on Track’s human products can help get you back in the ring.
Visit NTI Global for the widest selection of dog agility tunnels for both competition and back yard training. Known for FREE SHIPPING, more options, high quality products and low prices, NTI Global has got you covered! They also offer chutes, tunnel chutes, tamer and anchor weight bags, along with a full line of accessories and agility storage solutions. Need your agility gear in a hurry? Don’t forget to check the in stock selection. Use promo code NTIAgility5 for 5% off (expires Nov 30, 2016).