In this episode (39:11)
In this episode, Sarah and Esteban share some thoughts on the exact steps they take when the dog makes a mistake in agility training.
You Will Learn
- Exactly how Esteban and Sarah react to mistakes when training.
- How to keep your dog’s drive and enthusiasm up in the face of repeated mistakes.
- Why Sarah uses a “micro-pause” with her border collie.
- Esteban’s thoughts on No Reward Marks (NRMs) in agility training.
- Analyzing Your Mistakes in Dog Agility
- Episode 30: Analyzing Mistakes and a Look at Systems
- On the Job Training using Placement of Reward
- 3 Quick Tips for a Quicker Dog (Facebook Live)
- Episode 131: Free Your Agility Dog
- Episode 49: Using Differential Rewards
- Episode 57: Interview with Denise Fenzi – Part 2
- Psychology Today: Should Trainers Tell Dogs When Their Behavior Is Wrong?
Thank You for Listening!
Thanks so much for joining us this week. Have some thoughts you’d like to share? Leave a comment on Facebook!
If you enjoyed this episode, please share it with your friends on social media.
To get Bad Dog Agility podcasts sent directly to your device as they become available, you can subscribe on iTunes or Stitcher. Or even better, download the FREE Bad Dog Agility Podcast Mobile App, now available for both iOS and Android.
Also, we greatly appreciate reading your reviews on iTunes--we read each one, and they motivate us to help you!
Happy training and thank you for helping us reach over 720,000 podcast downloads!
Dog agility is a demanding sport and can be difficult on the body, both the dog’s and the human’s! Back on Track specializes in dog blankets, beds and wraps that keep muscles warm and reduce the pain in joints. If you’ve got a nagging knee, calf, or ankle injury, Back on Track’s human products can help get you back in the ring.
You have developed an unshakeable bond with your athlete and invested countless hours training. Now, you should seek the best solution to unlock their full potential with a unique competitive edge solution… 1-TDC®! 1-TetraDecanol Complex is a patented blend of unique fatty acid oils designed to safely and effectively keep joints and muscles at their best to maximize performance and shorten recovery time. 1-TDC is the next generation of fatty acids, beyond glucosamine and fish oil, used by many current and past national agility champions and world team members. Bad Dog Agility listeners will automatically qualify for a great 1-TDC special offer by purchasing online at BDA1TDC.com.
Tunnel Bags & Accessories! Keep your agility gear in place with these NTI agility items! Endless combinations of colors to pick from, that match your vibrant tunnels! Visit shop.ntiglobal.com for the widest selection of dog agility tunnels for both competition and back yard training. Known for FREE SHIPPING, more options, high quality products and low prices, NTI Global has got you covered! Also offering tamer and anchor weight bags, along with a full line of accessories and agility storage solutions. Need your agility gear in a hurry? Don’t forget to check the in stock selection.
Use promo code TAMER2017 for 5% off (expires April 30, 2017).