In this episode (40.25)
In this episode, Sarah and Esteban talk about three different phases with respect to the start line behavior, and common mistakes made by trainers in each phase.
You Will Learn
- The most common start line mistakes that handlers make in trials, in practices, and during retraining.
- The concept of ring sustainable training.
- Why Esteban never rewards a dog in position at the start line.
- A sneaky way to train and proof start lines in the trial environment.
- How elephants avoid predators.
- Episode 3: Start Line Stays; Online Agility Classes
- Teaching a Focused Start Line Stay
- Does Your Dog Check Out When You Lead Out? (Facebook Live)
- Episode 34: Retraining Your Start Line Stay in Dog Agility
- Rock Solid Start Line Stays in Dog Agility
- Episode 111: The Myth of the Ring-Wise Dog
- Sarah Stremming and CogDog Radio
Thank You for Listening!
Thanks so much for joining us this week. Have some thoughts you’d like to share? Leave a comment on Facebook!
To get Bad Dog Agility podcasts sent directly to your device as they become available, you can subscribe on iTunes or Stitcher. Or even better, download the FREE Bad Dog Agility Podcast Mobile App, now available for both iOS and Android.
Happy training and thank you for helping us reach over 995,000 podcast downloads!
HitItBoard.com has the innovative training tools you need for agility. Having problems with the dogwalk or aframe? The Hit It Board can fix that. Your dog doesn’t like tugging? They’ll love the Tug It. Can’t move your aframe around by yourself? The Move It can. Go to HitItBoard.com and use discount code BDA10 to get 10% off your order. That’s HitItBoard.com!
Elite Science – 1-TDC
You have developed an unshakeable bond with your athlete and invested countless hours training. Now, you should seek the best solution to unlock their full potential with a unique competitive edge solution… 1-TDC®! 1-TetraDecanol Complex is a patented blend of unique fatty acid oils designed to safely and effectively keep joints and muscles at their best to maximize performance and shorten recovery time. 1-TDC is the next generation of fatty acids, beyond glucosamine and fish oil, used by many current and past national agility champions and world team members. Bad Dog Agility listeners will automatically qualify for a great 1-TDC special offer by purchasing online at BDA1TDC.com.