September 15th, dozens of Novice teams will be competing at the New Beginnings Trial in Santa Rosa, California. In honor of these Novice dogs and handlers, we’ve compiled a list of podcasts perfect for the beginning team!
- Preparing for Your Novice Debut: In this episode, we discuss tips for creating a successful agility debut for your dog.
- The Path From Your First Run To Your First Q: In this episode, we discuss common Novice patterns and how you can recognize your success even when you aren’t qualifying.
- Green Dog Gotchas: We’re joined this week by Brittany Schaezler for a discussion on some of the common (and not so common) mistakes we’ve seen our inexperienced dogs make as they begin competing.
- How to Generalize Behaviors with Your Novice Dog: We discuss generalization and proofing in dog agility training, two related but different concepts.
- The Myth of the Ring-Wise Dog: Have you been told you have a ring-wise dog? In this podcast we discuss why we believe that most dogs labelled “ring-wise” actually aren’t, and why this is a very good things for agility competitors.
- A Newcomer’s Guide to Handling Systems: We discuss agility handling systems while comparing dog agility with other competitive non-dog sports.
- Three Aspects of Agility Training: In this podcast, we discuss how the sport of dog agility involves much more than just handling. This is the first in a series of four podcasts targeting beginner agility handlers (and the instructors who coach them).