In this episode (17:52)
In this episode, Sarah and Esteban explore social networks in dog agility and share 3 tips for creating your very own powerful support system to get you through the tough times.
You Will Learn
- Why developing your own social network in agility is important.
- How to develop your personal network by casting a wide net, being proactive, and using technology.
- How to approach strangers at dog shows (with a video example).
- A safe, constructive way to complain/vent without offending others or being attacked.
- Episode 58: The Rocky Road to Success
- Episode 146: Record Keeping Trick for Dog Agility
- Kathy Keats article “How Sheep Deal With Bullies (and What You Can Learn From It)“
- American Psychological Association’s article “Manage stress: Strengthen Your Support Network“
Flow is Flow
Thank You for Listening!
Thanks so much for joining us this week. Have some thoughts you’d like to share? Leave a comment on Facebook!
To get Bad Dog Agility podcasts sent directly to your device as they become available, you can subscribe on iTunes or Stitcher. Or even better, download the FREE Bad Dog Agility Podcast Mobile App, now available for both iOS and Android.
Happy training and thank you for helping us reach over 1,025,000 podcast downloads!
Dog agility is a demanding sport and can be difficult on the body, both the dog’s and the human’s! Back on Track specializes in dog blankets, beds and wraps that keep muscles warm and reduce the pain in joints. If you’ve got a nagging knee, calf, or ankle injury, Back on Track’s human products can help get you back in the ring.
You have developed an unshakeable bond with your athlete and invested countless hours training. Now, you should seek the best solution to unlock their full potential with a unique competitive edge solution… 1-TDC®! 1-TetraDecanol Complex is a patented blend of unique fatty acid oils designed to safely and effectively keep joints and muscles at their best to maximize performance and shorten recovery time. 1-TDC is the next generation of fatty acids, beyond glucosamine and fish oil, used by many current and past national agility champions and world team members. Bad Dog Agility listeners will automatically qualify for a great 1-TDC special offer by purchasing online at BDA1TDC.com.
New Year, New Gear! Visit shop.ntiglobal.com for the widest selection of dog agility tunnels for both competition and back yard training. Tunnels are made from durable vinyl and black, white, or purple ring color. Known for FREE SHIPPING, more options, high quality products and low prices, NTI Global has got you covered! Also offering tamer and anchor weight bags, along with a full line of accessories and agility storage solutions. Need your agility gear in a hurry? Don’t forget to check the in stock selection. All promo codes expired.