In this episode (38:52)
Dr. Amy Cook joins Sarah and Esteban to talk about noise sensitivity in agility dogs. Dr. Cook earned her PhD in Psychology at the University of California at Berkeley and has been training dogs and dog trainers for 25 years. Part 2 of 2.
You Will Learn
- Why agility dogs can be very sensitive to noises.
- Common noises that often cause problems for agility dogs.
- How to implement the solution to noise issues.
- What type of conditioning you need to fix the problem.
- How to “prehab” rather than “rehab” your agility dog.
- Episode 230: Noise Sensitivity in the Agility Dog with Amy Cook – Part 1
- Amy Cook’s website: Play Way Dogs
- Amy Cook’s online courses on FDSA
Thank You for Listening!
Thanks so much for joining us this week.
To get Bad Dog Agility podcasts sent directly to your device as they become available, you can subscribe on iTunes, Stitcher, or TuneIn. Or even better, download the FREE Bad Dog Agility Podcast Mobile App, now available for both iOS and Android.
Happy training and thank you for helping us reach over 1,500,000 podcast downloads!