In this episode (53:32)
In this episode, AKC Executive Field Representative Kitty Bradley joins the podcast to explain the new rule changes for the American Kennel Club.
You Will Learn
- Why the AKC is allowing a third tunnel option.
- How the AKC is addressing the issue of spacing between jumps.
- Why you should remove the tape from your weave poles.
- What is “Fix And Go” and how is it different from “For Exhibition Only”.
Fix and Go at Westminster
After the podcast, we received confirmation from Paul Campanella, Director of Agility for the Westminster Kennel Club, that Fix and Go WILL be allowed during the Preliminary rounds at the Masters Agility Championship at Westminster. However, FNG runs are scored as an E, and an E in a preliminary round disqualifies the team for the finals. Fix and Go will NOT be permitted during the Finals.
- Judges Blog: For Exhibition Only (FEO) & Fix and Go On Approved (Part 1)
- Judges Blog: For Exhibition Only (FEO) & Fix and Go On (Part 2) – Judging Information
- AKC Judges Blog
- 2020 Rule Changes for AKC
- Article summarizing some of the main points plus our thoughts on how to best use these programs.
Thank You for Listening!
Thanks so much for joining us this week. Have some thoughts you’d like to share? Leave a comment on Facebook!
To get Bad Dog Agility podcasts sent directly to your device as they become available, you can subscribe on iTunes, SoundCloud, or TuneIn. Or even better, download the FREE Bad Dog Agility Podcast Mobile App, now available for both iOS and Android.
Happy training and thank you for helping us reach over 2 million podcast downloads!