In this episode (31:03)
In this podcast, Sarah and Esteban talk about the unprecedented rapid discontinuation of the collapsed tunnel (also known as the chute) across several organizations both in the United States and abroad.
You Will Learn
- Why the chute was discontinued
- Which dog agility organizations have suspended use of the chute and who did it first
- Why Joan Meyer created the video that everyone is talking about
- The impact social media had on this issue
- Potential future fallout from this event
- August 17th: UK International (UKI) announcement
- August 18th: UK Agility (UKA) announcement
- August 18th: Change.org petition
- August 26th: Joan Meyers YouTube video
- August 29th: American Kennel Club (AKC) announcement
- August 29th: United States Dog Agility Association (USDAA) announcement
- August 29th: IFCS announcement
- August 29th: Agility Association of Canada (AAC) announcement
- August 30th: UK Kennel Club (KC) announcement
- Our previous podcast from August of 2012: Episode 12: Interview with Greg and Laura Derrett. Here is an excerpt that is strikingly relevant to current events:
Thank You for Listening!
Thanks so much for joining us this week. Have some thoughts you’d like to share? Leave a comment on Facebook!
To get Bad Dog Agility podcasts sent directly to your device as they become available, you can subscribe on iTunes or Stitcher. Or even better, download the FREE Bad Dog Agility Podcast Mobile App, now available for both iOS and Android.
Happy training and thank you for helping us reach over 1,025,000 podcast downloads!
Dog agility is a demanding sport and can be difficult on the body, both the dog’s and the human’s! Back on Track specializes in dog blankets, beds and wraps that keep muscles warm and reduce the pain in joints. If you’ve got a nagging knee, calf, or ankle injury, Back on Track’s human products can help get you back in the ring.
You have developed an unshakeable bond with your athlete and invested countless hours training. Now, you should seek the best solution to unlock their full potential with a unique competitive edge solution… 1-TDC®! 1-TetraDecanol Complex is a patented blend of unique fatty acid oils designed to safely and effectively keep joints and muscles at their best to maximize performance and shorten recovery time. 1-TDC is the next generation of fatty acids, beyond glucosamine and fish oil, used by many current and past national agility champions and world team members. Bad Dog Agility listeners will automatically qualify for a great 1-TDC special offer by purchasing online at BDA1TDC.com.
Visit NTI Global for the widest selection of dog agility tunnels for both competition and back yard training. Known for FREE SHIPPING, more options, high quality products and low prices, NTI Global has got you covered! They also offer chutes, tunnel chutes, tamer and anchor weight bags, along with a full line of accessories and agility storage solutions. Need your agility gear in a hurry? Don’t forget to check the in stock selection. Use promo code BADDOG5 for 5% off (expires Nov 30, 2016).