Recently, I designed a sequence that I could use to test my dog’s ability to keep up 26″ jumps with a variety of handling. I specifically wanted a sequence that I could set up quickly and easily for “work for your dinner” practice. I ended up with a 9 obstacle sequence that uses only 2 jumps and about 20′ by 30′ of space.
While you could certainly handle this sequence as numbered without the need for some of the crosses and threadles, I constructed the following handling to test my dog’s understanding and ability to keep the bar up.
- Decel Wrap – Front Cross #2
- Backside Push #3 to Front Cross #4
- Decel Wrap – Post Turn #4
- Decel Wrap – Front Cross #5
- Backside Push #6 to Front Cross to Threadle Rear Cross #7
- Backside Push #8 to Front Cross to Same Side Threadle #8