Here’s a second two jump exercise to test your handling and your dog’s jumping (click here for our original two jump exercise). The perpendicular jumps did result in a few more knocked bars initially as they created more sliced approaches, often with pressure. I ended up with a 9 obstacle sequence that uses only 2 jumps and about 30′ by 30′ of space.
While you could certainly handle this sequence as numbered in many ways, I constructed the following handling to test my dog’s understanding and ability to keep the bar up.
- Decel Wrap – Front Cross #2
- Backside Push (extreme slice) to Post Turn #3
- Decel Wrap – Front Cross #4
- Decel Wrap – Post Turn #5
- Backside Push #6
- Backside Push #7 to Front Cross
- Jaakko #8